There are many improvements that me made to both the overall museum experience and specifically the one concerning whaling, I have described below the ideas that are both originally mine and also researched.
– Use outdoor building projection to project an underwater world to life.
– In the evening reactionary projections can be made onto the floor. This could allow people to look under their feet have the water react with their steps?
– Use holographic projections to mark every hour, the captain will shout “watch whale ahead”.
– Model boat outside with actor standing on top
– Allow the users to pick their topic first, and the level at which they want to learn (relate these with the 4 classes from research social, intellectual, emotional or spiritual?). This will directly impact the route they are given and the amount of information provided.
– Augmented reality can bring elements of the exhibition to life and add extra information about these things that can be explored (point a camera at the whale skeleton, the skin would appear on it, it would pop up as a 3D which can show the different elements within the animal, like skeleton, organs, muscles and skin. This will also have a more info button to allow you to compare the animal in size to other piscine creatures, it’s life expectancy, YOY breed estimations, are they endangered? It could also be used to scale the animal against other animals associated with it.(Use black & white for contrast on live camera, while the content that can be interacted with is in colour – example of this contrast working is http://latenightedm.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/alison_wonderland_run-new-edm-music.jpg)
– A mood board of a looped video of a whale user enhanced adaptations on each frame, see this music video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nntGTK2Fhb0) and pause anywhere after 1:06 and notice it is all individual artwork (Also see image below). This creates a social bond between all visitors, old, new and future.
– Let the user know that there are more exhibitions to see if they were to visit again, it also suggests other places of interested around the city.
– In app voice commands (like Siri) could allow users to ask a specific question about the animal and get it answered immediately. These questions could be targeted at the stories fictional captain by saying “Hey Captain”
– A boat radar should be used for location within the museum relation to interactive elements, when clicked showing the floor plan of the museum and all the interactive elements across the museum.
– Sea biscuits as snacks should placed along the route for people to eat (Info about the Weevil)
– Moby Dick swallowed a whaler. (Could be the story in which the users travel the museum) & can be related to the outdoor hologram of the whale jumping from the ground on the hour.
– Visitor Number #9172/competition(With spending money for the gift store)
– Link with Facebook for competitions, and allowing the user to save information they want to read another time,or allow them to access saved information at their next visit? (Data collection & Improvement of services for user)
– Choice of Language
– Time sensitive responsiveness (Good morning/Good Afternoon)