This project went really well. I feel like I was able to learn a lot from the learning curves I put in place. The only downside I can see is that I wasn’t as successful I had imagined I would be with the Polymer Ploject, failing to implement it in anyway into my final project.
The overall new design and layout is great and has good feedback, although there are certain techincal and design aspects I could improve on, these include;
- Reviews in the lineup confuse some visitors
- Autoplaying music on both the homepage and artist pages are dislikes, and would require controls
- Chrome has a bug that only shows the left column figcaptions, which contain the artist names shown here;
- In Tickets, I switch from a grid view to a card view. There is no consistancy here, also the images also feel way to large and the indication of Standard & VIP is not distinct enough.
- Info about the venue, dates, tickets, etc. are hidden and the hierachy focuses too much on the artists and experience of being at the festival rather than selling tickets.
- Logo is based on the Californian Sunset, the design could reference the time of day the user is visiting the site and influence the colour pallete accordingly.
- Lineups are collectables, the traditional lineup format should be available to the user to download or purchase.
- The reviews are coded in, which means the reviews stay the same. Instead they should draw from a database and change everytime the page is refreshed.
- Allow user to click anywhere within the page on the enter page to access the site.
- There is no animation using the Polymer Project
- The artist pages music autoplays, in the designs I had iTunes style controls
- On the artist pages, I show the albums, I would like to be able to hover over each and have the option to automatically play via spotify or iTunes.
It is important to note that while there are some issues (based on opinion) with the font size throughout the site, it is important to note that Google Material Design has influenced the design massively, and by sticking to their rules, created debatable issues, like the font on the landing page.
Overall I am very pleased with the outcome, and if I were to do it again I would change very little apart these points.