The art of project management
Book by Scott Berkun
– Creative ideas can be made by everyone, not just by geniuses. Great ideas can be achieved by anyone, they just need to employ the right people.
– Ideas can be overated. Just like how the idea of the lightbulb was 100’s of years old if you factor in the usage of fire an candles within the home. It was only with the right technology and know how was it possible to make the product.
– When making a product, you will never make it entirely perfect on the first, second or even fifth attempt.
– Revision is key to making a a great product successful.
– ‘Ideas are made from other ideas’.
Undercover User Experience Design
Book by Cennydd Bowles and James Box
– Design is the atc of playing god, they change the way we interact with the enviroment around us.
– Scale is so big that small changes can effect thousands, millions or even billions users.
– By using and designing for fast connections with top end handsets, we are excluding the users without this technology, the ones usually who aren’t western. Meaning that we are unethically becoming biased.
Science of Persuasion
– There are six key parts to make a product interesting to someone. These are;
1 – Reciprocity
2 – Scarcity
3 – Authority
4 – Consistancy
5 – Liking
6 – Consensus
Content Strategy for the Web (Voices that matter)
By Kristina Halvorson, Melissa Rach
– Marketing, brand, social, earch engine optimisation, user experience and tecnology are all important factors of a successful business.
– Prioritising the content strategy is vital.
Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
By Steve Krug
– If a user has to think about about a function on a site, then it can be improved.
– Consistancy, clear navigation, buttons should look like buttons