Creating my design using InVision, a live prototyping tool was very useful as it allowed my design to appear just like a functional site. Having designed the site to be the best of my ability, I didn’t feel by simply show the images did it justice, therefore I exported every possible combination of my design which came to a total of 19 because of the amount of different sections. I then used ‘hotspots’ to link certain parts of the image to another image, therefore, I have created a prototype of my design which is usable and ready to show to clients. Once I had got to this stage, it allowed me to discover issues that I had not found previously, firstly the text is not bold on the “Fluorescent Lightbulbs” in the peace side of the budget section.
Secondly when you scroll through the 10 most profitable companies in the US, I have missed the logo from number 5.
These are two small issues that I could easily go back to resolved. In line with simpleness the section in which you would purchase tickets works really well, but it doesn’t allow the user to confirm the price or ticket amount just after putting their card details in, this would maybe make a better experience for the user.
This also meant I was able to view the site from mobile devices on the web. I have been able to see a couple of instances where the design doesn’t work and may have to be re-imagined for mobile devices. The first example of this is the contrast of text over images, because the screen size is smaller and the text only slightly darker than the background image, it becomes a little harder to read.You can see this here;
Another mobile issue is the size of the buttons are a little too small to press on the mobile version, therefore would become a usability issue for the user, and would take away from the overall experience. You can see this here;
The actual working prototype is available here for your viewing pleasure;