Following my previous projects, where I had constantly thought I was not getting enough done and that I wasn’t going to hit deadlines, I thought a vital part of this semester would be my organisational skills. Therefore I have listed every single task I wanted to complete for this project and created a timetable so that I knew what work needed to be done, and when it had to be done by. I also decided that it would be vital to sum up each section of the project after it had been completed on time, which is why you can see the schedule broken down into understandable sections. I have tried to get all the work listed accomplished with a few weeks to spare before hand in, this means that I have allowed for mistakes or extra work along the way. This is obviously even more useful when working in a group, therefore allowing everyone to clearly understand where they were and what they had to do, this should prove a useful method of tracking progress of the the group members and the overall project. I have added the initials of the person responsible for that piece of work or put all if everyone needs to do it, this has been approved by the group.
I learnt that music has a massive effect on the overall feel of a video. I realised that upbeat, quickly cut video leaves the viewer feeling happy, whereas the a slow cut video, feels much sadder. The best example of this was to use some oxfam footage of the rice farms, edit it with two different versions. Happy and sad, you can see the results below: